Wisdom Wednesday #4 – Let Go
One thing I learned last year was that I was carrying weight from past experiences that I had no idea I carried. I don’t know at what point in my life I gained those past experience pounds? Or how the heck I was oblivious to them from the start, but I was determined to work through them. This past week, more weight lifted. Truths that I felt were burdens, my friends helped me change my perspective and I can now see them as blessings (How to Get a Grip on Life). I knew I needed to do the work to get to the next level of my life. Letting go is refreshing. It’s amazing how much easier life is when you decide to let go, move on and be as lite and free as you can be. What I learned last year pushed me toward my goal for this year to walk boldly towards any of my fears (Goals 2014).
This article “20 Things To Let Go Of Before The New Year” written by Shannon Kaiser which was post on Mind Body Green speaks to the weight that we all carry at moments in our lives and what to let go of to discover a deeper sense of happiness that is waiting for you.
20 Things To Let Go Of Before The New Year
December 16, 2013 9:00 AM EST
How much stress are you carrying around? Do you feel burdened by life’s circumstances and emotional issues? Becoming more grounded and happy starts with letting go of worry and stress. I learned this in my own journey, through overcoming drug addictions, healing myself from depression, and walking away from a career in corporate to follow my heart and be a successful writer and life coach. In the process, I had to let go of a lot of things to become the person I am today.
Physically, spiritually and emotionally, I had to learn how to let go of the person I thought I should be in order to be the person I really wanted to be. Letting go of anything in life can be a little scary, but it can also be an amazing act of self-love.
Letting go of my worries and stress made a difference for me; of course I still dip in and out of some of my stress jar from time to time, but I’ve found this list a good reminder of what I need to strive for each day in order to reach unlimited happiness.
Here are 20 things to let go of in order to reach unlimited happiness.
1. Let go of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered and strong.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
9. Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
11. Let go of thinking there’s a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
12. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
13. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
14. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
15. Let go of the need to do more and be more; for today, you’ve done the best you can, and that’s enough.
16. Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
17. Let go of your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you!