Thankful Thursday #3 – The In-between
For Thankful Thursday, I felt it was best for us to first look at the highlights since we more often go to the good in our life, because its safe. I chose to look at the struggle of our life second because, like the highlights, strong emotions and memories are attached to struggle. I have grown to appreciate struggle more, as a result of expressing gratitude, because I have learned more from it, then anything else. Since we already thought about our highest highs and our lowest lows, lets think about the days in between.
For the week (this Thursday to next Thursday), think about all the days in between the highs and the lows of your personal year of 2014. What are the things within your life that are blessings that you don’t see? Do you have security like a house, money or safety? Do you have good health like eye sight, hearing and good lung capacity? Do you have mobility like full use of your arms and legs? Do you have access to health care? Do you have access to education? What in nature are you thankful for? Do you have a place where you feel you belong like a family, support group, friends, mentors or a tribe?
What did you learn or discover? Can you think of at least three things you are thankful for that you may have over looked up to now?
If you can only think of one thing, that’s a good start, don’t judge yourself.
Here is my list of three:
- I am grateful for my car because I own it and it’s helped with in my daily life but also helped me a lot with all the errands I had to make for work when I started in my career.
- I am grateful for having a very loving and supportive family. And a network of people who support me.
- I am grateful for the perspective I have gained from trying new things.
Please share what you are grateful for under the comments section or tell a loved one. If sharing is a challenge for you, state out loud to yourself what you are grateful for.
If you like this post, please like, comment or share it on social media.
- Thankful Thursday #2 – The Struggle
- Thankful Thursday #1 – The Highlights
- Thankful Thursday
- Wisdom Wednesday #6 – The Science of Happiness